Monday, March 07, 2005

For April

I guess I'll start by posting a few of my best poems from the past, until I have some new ones. Given that it is March, and I'm deathly tired of winter, here's my lament for Spring. :-)

For April

In April,
The cherry blossom tree
was a delicate parisol
of petals outside my window.

In April,
The Spring breeze
Was the soft and gentle touch
of fingers of the wind
Reaching through my window

Now,
A bare and lonely tree
Stands stark
Against the Winter sky

Now,
The Winter cold
Lies white and hard on the ground
Lifeless
Outside my window.

I gaze
Out my window
Waiting…….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Amy,
Thank you for sharing your poems.
What a gift you have for capturing feelings and spirit.
Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again, thanks.
Maureen

Amy Kelly said...

Thank you! - Amy