Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Musings...as yet to become poems

I havent written anything new in a really long time. I'm hoping to get back to writing poetry. Here are some topics I still have bouncing around in my brain: my Aunt Barbara my relationships with people I love who are very different from me loved ones I've not been able to get what I want from ;-) biting off more than you can chew gaining self-acceptance rainbows after short storms/the metaphorical "rainbow after the storm" wisdom gained from hard times /learning how to keep faith and hold on during hard times, knowing they will pass more than a few childhood memories good/bad my love for relationships with people who are "transparent" my DISlike of the view of disability as pathology my disability reaching out for unconditional love/ trying to get things from others they just cannot give Balance in life God's unconditional love some poems from frig magnet lists ;-) Whew! These are inspirations that came to me several summers ago! I also have old ones written down in my poor neglected poetry binder. I find that I have either the right state of mind (MOTIVATION, CALM, ENERGY and the HEART) for writing, or the TIME...but rarely BOTH. :-) Here's hoping any poets reading this have better luck getting to their craft than I have lately. - Amy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are great ideas. hope some of the ideas make it to fruition.
a great sourse of ideas is jane kenyon's complete poems. i like her conversational style very much.
music gives me many nice ideas. when i was teaching i would write a statement of purpose for myself each september. i still do it! i was listening to the radio and heard, "i hope you dance." love that song. and suddenly i had my new statement of purpose for this year. "when given the choice to sit it out or dance. i hope you dance. i hope you dance." i have always liked dance as a metaphor for life.sadly, most people sit their lives out. you on the other hand, you always chose to dance.

Anonymous said...

oooppps, correct my spelling of "sourse" to source. sorry.

Amy Kelly said...

L.E.,

I have always loved the metaphor of dancing as well! LOL! My husband thinks that is totally *nuts* since I'm physically disabled. ;-) But maybe that's WHY I like it so much...because in my mind, my spirit dances.

I love Jane Kenyon! Perhaps it is the conversational style that I like...I'd never put words to what it is that "hits" me so in her poetry, aside from its very Spirutal nature.

One of my favorite singer/songwriters Gary Chapman, put her poem "Let Evening Come" to music. It is on his album "Outside" which I think you would really like because of its "statement of purpose". It is that we need to bring our Christian values and beliefs and our love for God OUTSIDE the church, to those who maybe aren't church goers, and truly LIVE our faith. :-)

Ah, I don't always chose to dance. All too often when I'm down, I chose to stew. ;-) But its folks like you, who truly do LIVE your Faith, that keep me getting back up again after I'm done. ;-)

Love & Warm Prayers,
Amy